One of my favorite scripture is that "the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord" and a recent experience reminded me of that.
I had taken a temp job and it was my first day. I was instructed to meet at the temp agency in which I would then follow someone over to the job site. There were two other ladies taking the job and after introducing ourselves and conversing, one asked if I wanted to leave my car and ride over with her. Without really thinking,I accepted her offer but then changed my mind. I wanted to make sure that I went where I wanted to go on lunch etc. But again, for some reason, I accepted the offer.
At lunch time, we went to eat together and while in line, I felt compelled to say hi to the gentleman behind me. He asked where I worked and how I liked it. He then asked what type of permanent job I would like and I explained. The gentleman, then pulled out his business card and told me to send my resume to him and he would forward to his personnel. He just happen to work at a newspaper (and I love writing).
Nothing has come out of that yet, job wise, but I am still blessed by this moment because if I had not taken the ride, I would not have met him. He was also a christian who invited me to a lunch time bible study.
Be encouraged, as I am, that God orders your steps and knows how to get things to you. When I think of situations like this, I find rest that I will meet the right people to help me get to where I need to be.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment